Custom extra thin satin necklace cord with spring ring clasp in your own selection of color, length and clasp metal. This style is suitable for more delicate pendants.
I have to admit to being frustrated with commercial choices in necklace cords. Not only is it nearly impossible to find any over 20 inches long to use for displaying pretty gemstone donuts as pendants, but so many also have sliding knot ends that come untied or crimp ends that pull off. I wanted simple, sturdy, affordable satin necklace cords with clasps in different metals to display pendants.
This 1mm cord is slim and light so that it doesn't overpower your pendants. I personally heat seal each cord end, loop it over and sew it down securely with heavy duty quilting thread. Then I cover the ends with hand-wound coils of wire to match the clasps and bend the coil ends into the satin to anchor them. Sure, it's labor intensive, but it gives you the perfect custom cord that is handmade in the USA. Clasps may vary slightly from ones shown due to current availability.
- Clasp is approximately 4.5mm wide so that pendants with bails large enough to fit over that will work on these cords. Please measure before ordering.
- Choose lengths from 13 inch chokers to extra long 36 inches.
- $1 will be added for lengths from 28-36 inches.
- Colors may vary slightly from what you view on your computer screen and lengths may vary to approx 1/4 inch as this is a handmade product.
- My mannequin in the photos has a large 16 inch neck. Necklace cords will fit differently on someone with a smaller neck.
- If ordering to use with a gemstone donut, you will want to order one that is approximately 1-2 inches longer as some of the cord will wrap the donut.
- As a satin fabric product, these cords have a tiny bit of stretch.
Black - nice true black
Chocolate Brown - deep dark chocolate bar brown
Copper Brown - copper or auburn hair color type brown
Light Golden Brown - golden tan like coffee with cream
Antique Gold - brass color
Ivory - just a little more yellow than the white
Charcoal Grey - medium charcoal grey - more of a mid-tone than dark
Silver Grey - light silvery grey
White - my stock of 1mm cord is slightly ivory, but the 1.5mm is pure white
Purple - royal purple
Blue - electric or royal blue
Baby blue - light blue
Turquoise - more of a true turquoise color - not teal
Aqua - light aqua, pale blue green, mint
Green - Christmas green or pine green
Olive - yellow green in a mid-tone
Lime - bright, bright chartreuse type yellow green
Red - Christmas red
Orange - true bright orange
Rose - you might also call it fuchsia or magenta - a mid-tone purple/pink
Pink - baby doll type pink - not pale, but light in tone
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Absolutely perfect. Right thickness, length, etc. So elegant.
High quality, highly recommended and great prices for what I bought. No complaints at all. Thank you! :)