Custom satin necklace cord with lobster claw clasp in your own selection of color, length and clasp metal.
I have to admit to being frustrated with commercial choices in necklace cords. Not only is it nearly impossible to find any over 20 inches long to use for displaying pretty gemstone donuts as pendants, but so many also have sliding knot ends that come untied or crimp ends that pull off. I wanted simple, sturdy, affordable satin necklace cords with easy lobster claw clasps in different metals to display pendants.
This 1.5mm cord is slimmer than the standard 2mm cord so that it doesn't overpower your pendants. I personally heat seal each cord end, loop it over and sew it down securely with heavy duty quilting thread. Then I cover the ends with hand-wound coils of wire to match the clasps and bend the coil ends into the satin to anchor them. Sure, it's labor intensive, but it gives you the perfect custom cord that is handmade in the USA. Clasps may vary slightly from ones shown due to current availability.
- Clasp is approximately 7mm wide so that pendants with bails large enough to fit over that will work on these cords.
- Choose lengths from 13 inch chokers to extra long 36 inches.
- $1 will be added for lengths from 28-36 inches.
- Colors may vary slightly from what you view on your computer screen and lengths may vary to approx 1/4 inch as this is a handmade product.
- My mannequin in the photos has a large 16 inch neck. Necklace cords will fit differently on someone with a smaller neck.
- If ordering to use with a gemstone donut, you will want to order one that is approximately 1-2 inches longer as some of the cord will wrap the donut.